Committee Meeting Minutes 15th March 2019
Item 1 – Persons Present
Attendees – Norman Harlow (NH) Anthony Field (AF) Jenny Anderson (JA) Jonny Hawes (JH) Neil Goward (NG) Dominic Austrin (DA) Louise Averre (LA)
Apologies – Simon Smith (SS)
Item 2- Matters Arising/Action Register Review
• Outstanding actions from previous meetings reviewed and updated (see action register)
Item 3 – Presentation Evening
• The Evening was regarded as being very successful, an improved number of attendees from 2018 (which itself was very good) and people really enjoyed themselves, only comment was perhaps no need for a full disco, maybe just background music.
Item 4 – Club Membership
• A few more renewals of previous members since the last meeting and there have been 6 new members join bringing the total membership up to 142 which was agreed by all is very good for the time of year.
Item 5 – Hercules and Ray Lawler Trophies
• As these trophies have been won regularly by the same person at the same event (club NH suggested that the Hercules stays for the Club course and the Ray Lawler trophy is to be given for the fastest rider in an open event on a “B” course where 3 or more GYCC members are riding- Committee agreed with proposal – ACTION – NH to produce a “trophy criteria” sheet to explain what all the trophies are given for.
Item 6 – Idea for “Other Types” of Sunday rides
• NH suggested that during the winter months (Oct to Easter) the club could maybe hold semi-regular MTB rides on Sundays at Thetford or any other member suggested venue – These would be published in advance with people making their own way to venue. Comittee thought it was a good idea and suggested a test event to be held on 14th April – ACTION – AF to publish MTB Event on 14th April @ Thetford.
Item 7 – Club 10 Mile Time Trial Series 2019
- Course The new suggested course of finishing near Blundeston School has
beenmeasuredby JA and finishing point was agreed after a discussion where, due to it being outside someone’s home, finishers are to continue to the layby outside the school rather than congregating around the timeskeepers– which will probably cause irritation to the home owners, finishers are also to be directed back to the HQ through Blundeston rather than going back via the Blundeston cross-roads.
- Time Keepers There was a discussion about
a indicativerota for the timekeepers to share the workload a bit more rather than the same people doing it week in/week out and only asking others occasionally – ACTION – NG to produce draft rota.
- Signage The police have “strongly recommended” that we consider putting a sign at “every entrance to the Time Trial course” NH stated he believes this would require 43 extra signs to be put out every Thursday evening – A point was asked if the signs could be left out but this was discounted as it could lead to “sign blindness” where if people are always passing the signs on days that there isn’t an event happening then they would just become a sign that people passed without taking notice. After a
discussionit was decided to put extra signs at the Belton Cross-roads and on Blocka Road where it meets Browston Lane at the waterworks dip.
Item 8 – Presentation Night gold medals
- NH informed the committee that the Gold Medals that turned up late for the presentation night are to be engraved and given out at a Club Social Event (see later in minutes)
- It was also mentioned that to prevent a
recurraenceof this issue, required medal numbers are to be confirmed and ordered in September/October this year. ACTION – Reminder to be put at top of actionlist for medal numbers.
- Item 9 – Club 10 Fees
- The CCT Levies have been raised by £1 for this season after discussion the committee agreed to raise the fees as follows:-
GYCC Club Members- £4.50
Members of CTT Affiliated Clubs – £5.00Non CTT affiliated riders – £5.50
- It was mentioned that we need to use an updated version of the signing on formsACTION – LA to obtain and print
a stockof the new forms
- Item 10 – Tuesday night training rides
- It was mentioned that the Tuesday night training ride has increased in attendees in recent weeks with riders of differing abilities attempting to ride as a single group. AF informed the committee that an attempt to sort the attendees into two groups with staggered starts had been attempted with limited success.
- It was agreed that the ride is to
advertisedwith the possibility that the ride could be split into multiples groups should the need arise and also that TT bikes are not suitable for group riding.
- It was also noted that a few “non-members” had been attending official club rides on multiple occasions and it is generally expected that after a few official club rides, non- members should ideally be joining the club.
- Tuesday Night Social rides are soon to commence and this had created a good reaction so far.
- Item 11 – Louise Hamilton Ride
- A discussion was held around the organisation of the event as last year the responsibility for the whole organisation and implementation fell to just one committee member. ACTION – AF to request
voluteersto assist with the implementation of the LHC ride.
It was discussed and agreed that perhaps holding the event earlier (it was September last year) and at a venue closer to Yarmouth/Gorleston may help along with more effective promotion may help.
- A possibility of the route starting at Caister or Filby was floated which was generally accepted. ACTION – LA to investigate availability dates for Caister and Filby Village halls
- Item 12 – Beccles Festival of Cycling/
WomensTour of Britain 8-10th June• NH has approached Beccles Town Council regarding GYCC being involved with the weekend longcycling event in Beccles which includes the start of the womenstour.ACTION – AF to email Beccles Council offering support and offer ideashow we could support the event.ACTION – JH to also speak to Waveney District Council about the same subject.
- Item 13 – AOB
1. Youth update – Simon Tate has kindly volunteered to be the clubs Welfare officer and has completed his DBS check and is due to complete his safeguarding training next week (W/C 18th March)
The 2 new youth coach volunteers have completed their 1st Aid and Safeguarding courses along with the online modules of their coaching courses and will be attending the “face to face” training sessions and Assessment over the next two weekends. Appreciation to the two volunteers for their time and commitment is expressed by the committee
. concernhas been raised regarding the availability of toilet facilities at the proposed venue. ACTION – NH to investigate useof toilets at venue.
ACTION – AF/JA to create parental consent forms for youth sessions.2. A suggestion was made regarding GYCC committee members having pin badges at official events to aid identification, specifically at events of other clubs.
ACTION – LA to identify
supplierof enamel badge makers.3. Good Friday 10 Time Trial volunteers Overall all volunteer positions have been fulfilled, the clubs usual photographer is howeverriding the event this year so we requiea photographer and casual marshal.
ACTION – AF to ask
alternativephotographer if they are able to help.
- Social Night – JH informed the next club social evening is to be Friday 26th April – this s to be combined with the issuing of outstanding club medals and trophies.ACTION – NH to confirm
listof winners to ensure they are notified and invited to presentation.
- JH Expressed a wish to promote Time Trialling including asking the membership for any questions/reservations around it. ACTION – JH to post on FB around Time Trialling to encourage more to participate.
Item 14 – Date of next meeting
The next meeting is to